1. Personal information collected by Owner, and purpose and reason of such collection of personal information
(Purpose of use)
- To operate, improve, personalize the Site and Services provided;
- Communicate with you regarding User Account and Site updates;
- Provision of Services and information related to the Site
- To send you more relevant educational content from Owner;
- Development and research of new services;
- Provision of notification relating to questionnaires, events and the like to users and provision of information to users via emails;
- Coordination with third party institutions (Hong Kong Medical Association, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine, and the like);
- For system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions which do not identify any individual;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Please be assured that the personal information collected, used or disclosed for these purposes; Owner will protect it as required under the relevant Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and other relevant legislation. In the event a data intermediary is used, the personal information disclosed to them is held with the same security and confidentiality measures and protocols that Owner have.
2. Information to be collected
Personal information and information related to Users' Accounts:
Owner will collect your personal information, such as the name (first and surname), email address, The Medical Council of Hong Kong registration number, The Nursing Council of Hong Kong registration number, other professional information, e.g. Specialty and profession, job title and other information necessary to register a User Account. Owner may also collect any generated content that you may upload to the Site ("User-Generated Content" or "UGC") and other personal information required for awarding CME/CNE points.
Information related to the status of use: Owner will collect information related to the devices you use for accessing the Site and/or Services as well as information from such devices. This includes IP address, type of browser and device, web pages that you visited prior to accessing Owner's site, and personal identification information related to the devices being used. Furthermore, there may be cases where the devices being used (depending on the setting) may transmit position information to the Site.
3. Parties with whom Owner may share/disclose personal information
Owner may in certain cases share/disclose personal information with others as described below:
ii. If you are a healthcare professional, we may request that a third party validate your licensure status and other information against available databases of healthcare professional.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we may provide these companies and individuals with personal information about you so that they can fulfill their responsibilities to us, however, we do require that they agree to limit their use of this personal information and agree to comply with all relevant personal data protection laws and regulations in their fulfillment of these responsibilities.
4. Possibility of disclosure of information
Owner may disclose your personal information to a third party (a) when it is necessary to observe laws and ordinances, (b) when it is necessary to protect a person from death or serious bodily injury, (c) when it is necessary to prevent acts of fraud or abuse against Owner or Users, (d) when it is necessary to protect the ownership of Owner (e) when an order is issued by the government or court, (f) when it is necessary to improve public health and promote the sound growth of children, (g) when the information is used as statistical information in which personal information cannot be identified, (h) when the consent of users has been obtained, or (i) when Owner otherwise determines that the disclosure of information is reasonably necessary.
5. Transfer of personal information overseas
6. Management method of your personal information
Owner will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely protect your personal information. Furthermore, Owner will continuously exert efforts to develop functions to safely maintain your personal information; provided, however, that Owner does not warrant complete security, and will not be liable in any way for any damage caused by the vulnerability of security.
7. Access, Retention and deletion of personal information
If you wish to verify the personal information you have submitted to Owner or if you wish to check on the manner in which Owner uses and processes your personal information, Owner's security procedures mean that Owner may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of full details of name and identity card or Passport number. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which Owner takes in response to a request from someone using your personal information.
8. Contacting you
If wish to opt-out of receiving such information, then you can do so by sending a request to us through the contact us page. You should clearly state on all communications: your name, User Account (if any), registration details (if any) and the name of this Site.
If you wish Owner to correct, amend or delete your information acquired by Owner, or if you have any inquiries or concerns concerning Owner, the Site, Services or privacy, please send your message via Contact Us.
11. Governing Law